PDF VERSION OF FLYER FOR PRINTING – zumbathon poster
Whew – what an awesome class! Thanks for bringing your energy and noise tonight! We had a lot of fast, hot songs tonight! :)
- Llamada De Emergencia – Warm Up 1
- Low – Warm Up 2
- La Faldita – Merengue
- Remenea – Salsaton
- Zumba Mami – Reggaeton
- Mil Horas – Cumba
- Ritmo Caliente – Quebradita
- Esta Pena Mia – Flamenco
- Descaraga De La Luz – Salsa
- Pegate – Merengue
- Lagartija Azul – Cumbia
- Pose – Reggaeton
- Arranca En Fa – Salsa
- Las Avispas – Merengue
Hello wonderful Zumba friends!
I wanted to update you all on a few upcoming events and new classes, so get your calendars out and save the dates! (More details for each specific event and class coming soon!)
- Wednesday, August 4th: Zumba Launch Party at Studio Gracia with Alena (Facebook Event)
- Saturday, August 16th: Zumba Launch Party with Joy and Stef (Facebook Event)
- Saturday, August 21st: Zumba Benefit Event with Xenia, Gloria and Alex in SF (Facebook Event – Sadly, I won’t be able to attend…)
- Sunday, August 22nd: Zumba Party with Efren Buzzo, Tika, Rossy and Alena in Marin (Facebook Event)
- Wednesday, September 1st: Zumba Launch Party at Studio Gracia with Alena (Facebook Event)
- Saturday, September 25th, 5-8pm: ZUMBA on a YACHT! with Alena and Xenia in SF (Facebook Event)
- Saturday, October 30th, 6-8pm: Zumba Halloween Party with Rossy, Efren and Alena in SF
- Saturday, November 13th, 1-3pm: LIVERight Zumbathon at Stanford with Alena (and AWESOME Zumba team! including Hilary, Monica, Efren, Lee, Stef, Joy, Gertrude, Rossy, Wendy, Danielle, Ruby and more!) (Facebook Event)
NEW Ongoing Classes!
- Zumba with Alena: Wednesday nights from 6-7pm at Studio Gracia (beginning September 1st)
- Zumba with Alena: Saturday mornings from 9-10am at Studio Gracia (beginning September 4th)
- Zumba with Stef: Monday nights from 6:30-7:30pm at Studio 204 (beginning August 16th)
- Zumba with Joy: Saturday afternoons from 12:00-1:00pm at Studio 204 (beginning September 4th)
On Friday, August 6th, I have been invited (with some Zumba friends! This could be YOU!) to teach a Zumba and ZumbAtomic class at Cisco Family Day from 12:00-1:00pm. We will be dancing outside on a stage in the front of the Cisco Health Center. Have any friends or family that work at Cisco, let them know about the event!
There will also be a FREE hepatitis B screening and educational booth inside of Cisco’s Health Connections for all Cisco employees, organized by the Asian Liver Center at Stanford University.
Should be a fun day!
Thank you all for a fabulous Zumba class tonight! Whew – what a hot class! You all make me so happy :)
- Llamada De Emergenica, Daddy Yankee – Warm Up
- Boom Boom Pow, Black Eyed Peas – Warm Up #2
- La Faldita, ZIN 14 – Merengue
- Muevelo, MM 7 – Techno Cumbia
- Pose, Daddy Yankee – Reggaeton
- Remenea, Seo Fernandez – Salsaton
- Mil Horas, ZIN 27 – Cumbia
- Slide, ZIN 24 – Latin Pop
- Danca Da Maozinha, ZIN 27 – Axe
- Torre De Babel, Wisin Y Yandel – Reggaeton/Belly Dance
- Pegate, Fulanito – Merengue
- Esta Pena Mia, Batuka Group – Flamenco
- Arranca En Fa, ZIN 24 – Salsa
- Don’t Stop, ZIN 22 – Samba/Batucada
- La Palomia, Alberto Barros – Cool Down
YAY! Check out the EXAMINER article about Zumba with Alena in San Francisco. What an exciting day this has been! I can’t believe that I am in a newspaper?! I am so lucky to have so many incredible, supportive, happy students in my classes. Thank you for dancing with me!
Happy Thursday! Looking forward to seeing you all at class tonight! ZUMBA PARTY!! :)
The next Zumbathon at Stanford will be held on November 13th!!
LIVERight Zumbathon at Stanford
Saturday, Nov. 13, 2010
Registration open at 11:00am
Event from 1:00-3:00pm
Arrillaga Center for Sports and Recreation, Stanford University
All donations will benefit the Jade Ribbon Campaign (suggested donation of $10-20)
In January, we had over 300 people join us in the fight against liver cancer! The LIVERight Zumbathon at Stanford is organized in partnership with the Asian Liver Center at Stanford University, the Stanford Department of Physical Education, Recreation and Wellness, BeWell at Stanford, and Answer to Cancer.
More information coming soon, including registration, instructors, and other Zumba fun! Save the date, and join the party! :)
Check out an upcoming Training in your area!
There is always a need for new Zumba Instructors – everyone brings their own style and flavor to classes. And even if you don’t want to teach, at least not just yet, Instructor Trainings give you further insight into the Zumba formula and provide an overview and breakdown of the basic rhythms.
Visit my previous blog post about the Zumba Academy.